Steering and Suspension Maintenance in Elkin, NC
The steering and suspension system on your vehicle is responsible for maintaining comfortable riding conditions and driving performance. It also helps drivers remain in control of their vehicles at all times. The system converts forward energy created by bumps in the road into vertical energy that travels up into the vehicle frames.
Suspension system components, like coil springs and shock absorbers, help reduce the impact of the road force. While the individual components comprising each suspension system may vary, all suspension system components will weaken over time through stress applied during normal driving conditions.
Trusted Auto Mechanic in Elkin, NC
Off-road driving and erratic driving can wear down suspension components more quickly; however, regardless of your driving preferences, Jody’s Automotive has the necessary equipment to identify and correct any issue that affects your steering and suspension system.
Our staff is trained to inspect the steering and suspension components in order to determine whether your service will entail a minor adjustment or a replacement.
Steering and Suspension Maintenance Elkin, NC
Unsteady, shaky, and off-center steering are all causes for getting a steering system repaired, while excessive bouncing or swaying during bumps and intermittent control while driving and braking are causes for a suspension system inspection.
Additionally, uneven tire wear is also a potential sign of a suspension problem, though this may also be an alignment issue. Potholes can cause damage to steering and suspension components. Worn suspension components will reduce the stability of the vehicle and the control of the driver.
Signs Your Suspension and Steering Needs Repairing
If suspension issues go untreated, they have the potential to increase the wear on other suspension components, which may result in more extensive repairs down the road. If you experience any of the above problems, contact us.
- Drifting/Pulling: Are you struggling to go straight, and your steering wheel is fighting you to the left or right? It could be a sign of a worn-out suspension.
- Difficulty Turning: Does your car feel like it’s unwilling to turn in one direction or the other? This could be a sign the shocks and struts require attention, making it more difficult to turn sometimes.
- Bouncy Ride: If your car is riding rougher than usual, you should have your suspension serviced.
- Tire Wear: Uneven tire wear is a sign that your tires are not contacting the road as they should; this is due to worn suspension parts.
- Stopping: If your car lowers more than usual under braking, or your car seems to suddenly lean back when you accelerate, it could be a sign of failing shocks.
- Noise: Squeaks and squeals when driving over speed bumps and potholes are probably from your suspension system calling for help.
Jody’s Automotive in Jonesville, NC
You should never procrastinate repairs to your steering and suspension system. A damaged suspension system can lead to loss of control of a vehicle, causing an emergency and serious accidents.
If your suspension and steering are in trouble, you can trust Jody’s Automotive in Elkin, NC, to get the job done and have you safely back on the roads. Contact us today or drop by the shop to have your suspension repaired and maintained properly.